Chief SW Eng on Risk Scoring Platform
- 161906 Requisition #
- Apr 28, 2016 Post Date
- Experienced technology leader with a minimum of 15+ years of software development experience with deep technology expertise in the following:
- Extensive experience on architecture design of large scale platforms and application with simple solutions, especially on high performance and large scalable data centered platform as a service development.
- Extensive hands on design/coding experience/skills using Java, J2EE, C++, C#, .NET. Strong on elegant coding, can write very solid prototypes or core components quickly.
- Strong service development experience with high performance and scalability
- Object-Oriented design and development
- Web Services (REST/ SOAP)
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Big data and cloud computing technologies including Hadoop, Spark, Hive, etc.
- Familiar with Database, ETL and Business Intelligence technologies like Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, etc.
- Experience on distributed application performance engineering, mobile application development, database design, middleware, user interface development, and information security engineering
- Technical background in data with deep understanding of issues in multiple areas such as data management, query processing, distributed processing, high availability, statistical, data mining, machine learning and operational excellence of production systems is required.
- Extensive experience and good understanding on data driven development
- Strong experience and good understanding on A/B test technology
- Have a successful track record of leading architecture work for large scale projects that represent broad strategic initiatives meeting quantifiable business objectives and resulting in tangible impact for the organization. Demonstrated expertise in leveraging agile and other development methodologies
- Strong at technical goal setting for a project with actionable success metrics. Good knowledge and experience on measuring a service from user experience angle.
- Strong at identifying problems, solving complex problems with simple solutions.
- Think strategically: See patterns and relationships in information and events; clarify and simplify complex information; anticipate trends and possibilities that may lead to new business opportunities; consistently think and act "ahead of the curve;" anticipate and effectively respond with urgency to immediate opportunities; executes plans vigorously and with flexibility; operate proactively; identify and address long-term opportunities.
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience in one or more of the following areas: application architecture, solutions architecture, software systems architecture.
- Strong on driving for results and self-motivated, fast learner, with good understanding of related advanced/new technology. Keep up with the technology development in the related areas in the industry, which could be leveraged to enhance current architectures and build durable new ones.
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels and executive management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline required; advanced degree is a plus.
- Strong leadership and team player.
- Payment industry experience is a plus.
- Risk and/or authentication experience is a big plus.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”