Implementation Consultant (Contractor)
- 165093 Requisition #
- Dec 12, 2016 Post Date
Serve as Project Manager for implementation services provided to Clients.
Manages the efforts of Visa technical and business resources required to implement new and add on Visa products and services. Responsible for gathering and documenting project requirements while providing client consultative guidance on Visa regulations, fees, features and functionality.
Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Area
- Work with client project office and client management to understand client’s needs and communicate best of breed solutions utilizing Visa products and services.
- Adapt Visa processes and approaches to be in line with client requirements.
- Ensure client satisfaction.
Project Management and Reporting
- Develop project plans, identify project team resource requirements, and establish project dates and deliverables.
- Manage in a matrixed fashion the efforts of Visa technical and business resources, as well as Client and 3rd party resources and other project managers.
- Provide client and Visa project resources and line management with status reporting.
- Escalates projects that are in jeopardy and works with Implementation Solutions management within Visa and the Client organization as appropriate to make decisions that bring needed resources to resolve any issues.
- Establishes project scope, completes VisaNet and other network paperwork, completes and submits client configuration requirements.
- Ensures required project documentation is completed and maintained for historical records and auditing purposes.
- Coordinates technical resources and planning and monitoring of certification testing, and with the assistance of line management negotiates with department and division heads to secure resources required to complete projects.
- Recommends opportunities to improve Visa processes and procedures that can result in measurable and sustained improvement in cost and/or quality
- Possesses a detailed knowledge of Visa process and procedures, and demonstrates the ability to follow those processes and procedures with little guidance to complete work on time and with quality. This includes both department processes as well as those of supporting resource groups within Visa.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the banking Industry; including client back office processes and procedures, and a detailed understanding of Visa Products & Services, including specific knowledge of Visa. The level of understanding of Visa products and services must be detailed enough to provide high level consultative support to clients on their options and outcomes.
- Brings an in depth knowledge of best practice project management methods and tools (PMI certification a definite plus), and demonstrable success in applying same to the successful completion of implementation projects spanning multiple internal departments and external organizations, and 3 to 6 months in duration.
- Understands telecommunications transport and network engineering concepts well enough to explain options to clients, gather their connectivity requirements, and provide first level troubleshooting of connectivity issues.
- Keeps current with company, competitor and industry best practices in the areas of Fraud control, data security, and application development concepts.
- Understands basic legal and regulatory environment under which our clients practice business to provide input to their decision-making process when selecting Visa Products/Services and options for how they are configured to minimize risk and ensure compliance.
Bachelors degree plus 3-5 years of experience in the Finance industry, and 3-5 years of direct Visa experience are required. The Implementation Managers all have specialized skills (core systems, interchange, for example) that allow them to provide effective consultative support to clients on projects.
- Visa Rules, policies and processes
- Knowledge of other functions within Visa
- Industry practices
- Knowledge of Visa Message Formats, Visa internal systems
- Project management
- Customer service
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Analytical analysis
- Ability to drive team to achieve and exceed established goals and objectives
- Available to travel
- Languages based on supported market(s)
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.