- 164933 Requisition #
- Nov 30, 2016 Post Date
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
The Specialized Systems is part of Client Systems and is responsible for managing system requirements, design, development, integration, quality assurance, implementation and maintenance of a variety of contact center and client support software solutions, which are used by our business partners to service and support Visa cardholders worldwide on a 24 by 7 basis.
The Java Delivery Manager is a multifaceted role that combines project management, delivery management and systems analysis responsibilities. The Java Delivery Manager embodies strategic thinking with tactical execution and is responsible for project delivery, service delivery, operational excellence, people management, vendor management, requirements management and business relationship management. This role will be based in our Bangalore, India office. The successful candidate will bring extensive experience in developing Java technical solutions and will lead the Specialized Systems' Java DevOps team.
- Provide management, technical leadership and mentoring of Java team members.
- Support the Java team's workforce plan.
- Foster business partnerships, develop trust with business partners and stakeholders, understand business needs particularly within the context of Visa's core business, and seek to enable their business success
- Responsible for the Java program and project initiation including:
- Requirements management inclusive of partnering with business stakeholders to obtain and understand requirements, conduct fit-gap analysis, analyze options and designs for customer experience.
- Creation of project specific Conceptual Approach (CA) that analyzes and defines potential solution architectures and provides product recommendations as/if appropriate.
- Timeline creation and obtaining resource commitments from various business and technical project stakeholders.
- Financial planning inclusive of the creation of conceptual estimates, identifying labor costs by obtaining project specific sizing estimates from various technical project stakeholders, and identifying vendor costs (e.g., pro fees, licenses costs, hardware, and maintenance).
- Identifying project specific assumptions, milestones, deliverables, risks and dependencies as well as procuring / obtaining supporting data such as quantitative benefits.
- Creating and submitting the various forms necessary for program/project approvals such as the Approval to Spend (ATS), RADAR, Project Estimating System (PES) estimates, and project charter.
- Creating and submitting ancillary forms as/if necessary such as Visa Supplier Manager (VSM) Tickets and Tech Central technology and applications registrations.
- Responsible for Java program/project execution including:
- Project and delivery management of the projects within the Java portfolio consistent with project charter commitments.
- Vendor management inclusive of systems integrator and product vendor management.
- Fiscal management of the Java program as well as the costs and budget of the projects within the Java portfolio.
- Risk management inclusive of managing the risks associated with technical platforms, submitting security assessment requests and associated RAQQ forms, submitting penetration test requests and associated QID forms, submitting Key Control and Technical Security Requirements (TSR) Exceptions requests, and facilitating remediation of identified vulnerabilities consistent with defined remediation schedules.
- Java program and project communications to ensure all stakeholders receive appropriate and timely updates on the health of the program and the projects within the Java portfolio.
- Release planning and management inclusive of the establishment of the governance and cadence of Java service deployments into certification and/or production environments.
- Service accountability and operational excellence inclusive of the management of the health, quality, monitoring/alerting and support for Java services as well as the reduction of the services' technical debt.
- Responsible for managing the Java Front Door process and the timely delivery of project sizing requests that enter the front door.
- Responsible for the team's agile end-to-end development process within the construct of DevOps practices and methodology.
- Overall responsibility for the design and improvement of internal development methodologies utilizing Java and supporting technologies.
- Actively collaborate within Client Systems team, as well as with all other IT teams and business users located worldwide in various time-zones to fulfill the above responsibilities.
- Identify and utilize best practices in the industry to maximize efficient and elegant solutions while minimizing cost.
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or MIS, or equivalent.
- At least 12+ years of relevant experience with particular focus on the development and support experience in J2EE technologies.
- 6 years' experience in a Senior Lead/Management role utilizing J2EE and associated technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage highly skilled technology teams.
- Solid experience with managing vendor relationships.
- Extensive knowledge of risk assessment and management including the recommendation of risk mitigation strategies.
- Proven ability to collaborate and work horizontally throughout a complex organization.
- Creative thinking and excellent problem solving skills.
- Process oriented and able to work independently with very minimal supervision.
- Accurate reporting of status to senior management.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the J2EE architecture and associated technology stack.
- 12+ years development and support experience in Java / J2EE technologies.
- Knowledge of solution architecture principles, logical and physical architecture specifications, security architecture, and technical risk assessment
- Demonstrated architecture/engineering experiences in several technical areas including, but not limited to, Java, Java EE, .NET, and Security
- Software design patterns and frameworks including Spring framework, Dojo, Hibernate, JPBM
- SOAP and RESTful web services, XML and JSON
- SQL queries and stored procedures for relational database, preferably Microsoft SQL Server
- Working knowledge of Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) concepts and solutions (e.g., Force.com, Salesforce.com, etc.)
- Experience implementing cloud-based solutions including hybrid on premise/cloud based solutions
- Experience with mobile application development a plus
- Experience with performance tuning and automated unit testing
- 7 years of experience in UML design methodologies
- Experience in a technical lead and/or delivery manager role
- Experience in agile methodology is preferred
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Creative and high energy
- Committed to success and overcoming obstacles