Release Engineering Manager
- 162169 Requisition #
- Oct 24, 2016 Post Date
- 6+ years of experience as a Lead DevOps Engineer with minimum of 2 years as a DevOps/Tools Engineering Manager with overall 10+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Significant technical experience in release automation engineering, Continuous Integration, DevOps, software/systems developer, software development & release engineering manager, or related role
- Managed a team of 8- 10 engineers
- Experience in a 70/30 split environment (managing in all capacities/hands-on for the remaining time)
- Expert in BASH, Python and other scripting languages.
- Proven ability to lead a team of highly technical software/systems engineering staff and earn trust of team members and stakeholders
- Ability to pick any language or tool that is the right for the job and "run with it"
- Experience with infrastructure management tools such as: Dockers and Chef
- Deep knowledge in Jenkins Farm and implementation of such setup.
- Implemented CI/CD in the GIT/Stash/Jenkins/Liquibase/Artifactory landscape.
- Strong intra-team communication and ability to express ideas
- Have opinions on how things should be planned, implemented, and maintained
- Strong experience with project or program management; focusing on processes and documentation
- Experience defining and managing the roadmap for implementation of RE/Tools/DevOps deliverables in an established operation
- Experience scaling infrastructure that interacts with 3rd party services within and outside of VISA.
- Have built infrastructure to detect problems, monitor health and performance of servers (HC511)
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”