Sr. Systems Engineer
- 163896 Requisition #
- Oct 19, 2016 Post Date
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Middleware Engineering team is part of the Global Service Engineering and is responsible for common middleware and integration infrastructure that supports communication between multiple enterprise applications and multiple business lines.
This role will be responsible for design, development, configuration, problem analysis, deployment, and continuous operational improvement of middleware technologies used at Visa.
The responsibility includes working with Global systems, Global Operations, Cybersource and external Integration partners in implementing solutions via current or proposed middleware technologies, including but not limited to Identity and Access Management technologies such as Oracle DSEE, CA Directory, Red Hat LDAP, CA SiteMinder, CA Identity Manager, CA Web Agent, any other SSO technologies, Application Servers(Websphere, tcServer, JBOSS, etc), Web Servers, WebSphere MQ, WebSphere Message Broker and Java/J2EE applications. He or she must be able to collaborate with others to manage and rationalize incoming requirements in order to implement appropriate solutions.
Gather and analyze requirements from development teams to design, deploy and support of various enterprise middleware technologies.
Provide technology leadership in Oracle LDAP(ODSEE), Red Hat LDAP, CA Directory, CA SiteMinder, CA Identity Manager, CA Web Agents, Design and implement Federation Agreements
Architect, integrate and configure applications to fully utilize the above technologies as well as Application and Web Servers along with other Middleware technologies.
Provide level 3 (engineering) production support for integration solutions in production environments
Lead problem resolution and improvement efforts
Drive constant interaction with developers, architects, and project managers.
Enhance Middleware and Integration operating procedures and engineering patterns.
Provide input to project planning, estimation, budget, resource, and technology planning.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree from an accredited university
- 3+ years experience in creation and maintenance of enterprise-grade Identity and Access Management technology architecture
- Experience with CA SiteMinder, CA Identity Manager, CA Directory Server, Red Hat Directory Server and Oracle Directory Server products, Design and implement Federation agreements
- Experience with Application servers like Jboss, Tomcat, WebLogic or IBM Websphere, VMWare SpringSource Tomcat
- Experience on various web servers like IIS, IBM IHS, Apache, ERS Proxy etc
- Experience with a scripting language (Perl, Python, bash, Powershell)
- Experience in troubleshooting production issues and problem solving.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Windows/UNIX/Linux skills
- CA Strong Authentication(WebFort, RiskFort)
- ForgeRock IAM technologies
- Experience programming in Java, J2EE
- Experience with Fraud Management, Payment and/or Credit Card processing is a plus
- XML parsing and XML schema design experience.
- Basic knowledge on Database technologies, Ex: MS. SQL, Oracle DB
- Basic working experience on .Net and java based web applications.