Staff SW Engineer
- 161459 Requisition #
- Aug 03, 2016 Post Date
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science is required. Post graduate degree is a plus.
- 3 to 5 years of commercial experience in web software development and support including:
o Continuous integration or Agile application development with use of automated build, test and deployment tools
o Quality assurance in secure software development life cycle (SSDLC) build with code quality review (example: using HP Fortify), remediating security vulnerabilities from penetration test reports, and rectifying performance bottlenecks from analysis of performance and load test metrics
o Production support for application failures and issues
o DevOps experience or role is a plus.
- Strong proficiency in:
Build tools (example: Grunt), pre-processors (example: SASS, LESS), minify and compression, templates, testing
o Unix operating system
o Java programming skills (specifically deployments in Java servers rather than client based)
o Network technologies addressing application availability and security including DNS, security certificates, as well as edge devices such as firewalls, load balancing routers, CDNs, etc.
Other supplementary skills to perform the role well:
- Knowledge of encryption standards and algorithms for securing confidential information at rest
- Competencies in other development web languages such as Python
- Knowledge of Social Media and Open standard web services API/SDK for service integration
- Experience in web and mobile content/data localization for different markets, e.g. multi-lingual web configuration and mobile language pack for double-byte Asian languages and Arabic
- Standard Apache web, Tomcat Java application servers configuration for web applications
- Database management & scripting to support structured and non-structured data, using SQL and NoSQL DBMS, especially Microsoft SQL and MongoDB
- Knowledge of mobile server services for Apple iOS or Google Android
- Work exposure and knowledge in performance modeling software