Team Lead - Night Shift
- 163270 Requisition #
- Aug 12, 2016 Post Date
• Strong technical understanding of Visa's corporate and Commercial networks, specifically routing/switching, tunneling, security operations/engineering, MPLS, Transaction Processing.
• Understanding of network routing and switching protocols
• Understanding of Tandem System Technology
• Firewall experience and file transfer highly desirable
• Ability to quickly learn Visa proprietary as well as industry standard tools to support monitoring and response for client and Visa brand issues. Primary Tools are Netcool and Vital Signs
• 3 years of relevant experience
• Excellent verbal/written communication, organizational skills, ability to prioritize a constantly changing work load. Interpersonal skills and ability to excel as part of a team.
• Uses sound judgment in determining priorities and enlisting support of other internal groups to prevent any compromise to Visa business or client service level agreements.
• MS Office suite proficiency
Education / Professional Credentials
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent industry experience
• Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation Certificate (ITIL)
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
• Adept customer service background and appreciation of the advocacy role on behalf of our clients and internal customers
• Visa Network and Systems understanding
• IT systems, Key Controls, Information stewardship and compliance knowledge
• General knowledge of commercial, corporate, extranet and non-production (QA & development) networks and VOIP phone systems
• Ability to set the tone for the entire team. Provide motivation, feedback and direction for the staff.
• Maintain technical expertise while developing the requisite "soft skills" required to be a people manager. Need to be able to temper Firmness and Professionalism with compassion, respect and flexibility wherever possible.
Global Leadership Competencies
• Execute Seamlessly – Act with a sense of urgency to successfully complete work on time
• Execute Seamlessly – Support process improvement efforts within the department
• Execute Seamlessly – Identify what needs to be done and take appropriate action
• Model Collaboration – Proactively partner with others to achieve work goals
• Model Collaboration – Work collaboratively and be an active team member
• Document and communicate critical milestones/progress of ongoing incidents at the pre-defined time points.
• Assess accurately, and within pre-defined time periods, the impact of a critical/major system/application outage.
• Follow documented operations processes and resolution/escalation procedures.
• Resolve standard incidents within agreed timescales without escalation.
• Work on multiple platforms including ticket queue, mailbox, alert console and phone calls.
• Propose process/procedure improvements to better the department and services provided.
• Offer effective/sound recommendations to address repetitive issues.
• Working under supervision, this role requires the ability to determine when escalation takes place. There will be frequent reviews of work completed and specific instruction provided, usually in the form of written procedures.
• The scope and variety of this role is wide, but within a highly structured setting.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.